Friday brings us a new art journal prompt to work with. I hope you enjoyed last week’s prompt and made something beautiful. This week, we’ll take a look at another tiny joy tucked away in our home. Continue reading “Art Journal Prompt: September 16, 2016”
You can start art journaling anytime, anywhere. Even if you only have one piece of paper. But even if you have a whole fancy journal, where do you start? If you need a bit of inspiration, here are 5 art journal prompts to get you started.
The first 3 are very specific. If you think you can’t draw or make things, or you haven’t for a while, these prompts will help you start art journaling without fear.
The last two prompts are a bit more open. They can be as complicated or as simple as you want. I hope you can use some ideas from the previous prompts if you get stuck. 🙂
Fill a page with triangles.
- Draw them.
- Paint them.
- Cut them out of pretty tape or junk mail and glue them in.
- Or do all of that at once. 🙂
Grab a newspaper, junk mail, magazine, or anything with big letters.
- Pick some of your favorite words.
- Outline these words by hand on the next page.
- You can slide the words under your work and trace if you like.
- Fill up the entire page. The more fonts the better.
- Then, fill them up with color or patterns.
Make 5 circles on the next page.
- Now find a favorite poem, long quote, book passage, etc. online or in person.
- Fill in the space around the circles by copying your chosen text.
Make lots of sheet ghosts in fancy sheets next.
Make a rainy day on your last page.
And that’s all! I hope you found these prompts easy and inspirational. If you make them, please let me see! Tag me @ceiltastic on Instagram and Twitter.
Ready for more?
Want to peek behind the scenes of Celia Agnes? Maybe you’d like some discounts for my offerings, or to be the first to know about new features and products. Members of my newsletter get those things every Sunday. I would love to see you there!